FAQ

Can I book transfers with you and if I book a transfer who will meet me at Dalaman airport?
Yes you can book transfers with us. We will arrange them for you and you then pay locally for them using our discounted rate. If you book a transfer with us, our local representative for each resort will meet you at Dalaman airport. He will have a sign at arrivals with your name on it. This is your direct, private transfer to your villa. The driver will take you to the villa, help with your luggage and let you inside, then collect you from the villa at the appointed time for your return transfer direct to the airport.

How will I get the key to the villa?
If you have requested a transfer with us to any of our villas the driver will have the key ready for you when he takes you to the villa. In any of our villas your key collection is 24/7 and really simple.

Do all the villas have private pools and gardens?
Yes and private BBQ's, shaded seating areas, pool showers, sunbeds and parasols, some have jacuzzi's and childrens pools as well, others have other things like a pizza oven or hammocks - see the individual villa descriptions.

Do you specify a change over day or a check out time?
No. We work on a first booked, first served, basis. We endeavour to allow all guests to remain at villas right up until their departure time. However in busier periods this may not be possible because of cleaning time required if flight and changeover times are just too close together. In this instance you will still be able to stay at the villa as long as possible, then will be able to safely leave your cases at our local agents office. Some villas also have a day rate optional extra, again depending on timings.

Do I have to pay a booking deposit or security deposit and when is my balance due?
To confirm your booking a 10% or 20% non refundable deposit is required, depending which villa is booked. We will advise which deposit is required . Your booking is not confirmed until this is received and cleared. You can then pay the remaining 80% or 90% balance 6 weeks before departure. We do not take a security deposit like most villas, instead we simply ask that you respect our trusting nature and treat our properties like you would your own. It really is much appreciated.

How far away from the beach are the villas?
Dalyan's Iztuzu beach is a world renowned protected area and a loggerhead turtle nest site. As a result all building on it's 3.5 mile length is banned. This has worked – it was recently voted the best beach in Europe by Dutch travel agents and the Best Open Space in Europe by ths Times in the UK. All Dalyan villas are in and around Dalyan and the surrounding villages. The beach is easily accesible by boat, bus, scooter or car, but is too far to walk to.

In Kalkan, the small pebbly town beach is ok, but much better beaches are nearby at Kapitas or Patara. A taxi or minibus are required which takes about 10-20 minutes. Alternatively, you have a choice of Kalkan beach clubs on the level rock platforms around the resort, these can be reached by water taxi from the harbour in 5 minutes.

Are the beaches safe and suitable for families?
Dalyan's Iztuzu beach is a fine sandy beach which shelves very gently into the sea, there are no dangerous tides or undercurrents. The beach has lifeguards and designated swimming and bathing areas in high season to protect you and the loggerhead turtle nests. There is also a first aid station, cafe, toilets and changing facilities. Sunbeds, cushions and parasols are available for rent every day, you just need towels and sun cream.

Patara is also safe and clean for families and is much like Iztuzu beach. Undertow currents at Kapitas are a little stronger, but not normally dangerous for swimmers. The Kalkan beach club ladders drop into deeper water so there are no shallow areas there for non swimmers.

How close is the nearest shop?
An exact answer depends on which villa you are staying in of course. However all villas in Dalyan have a corner shop in very near walking distance for everyday and breakfast items. Villas in villages like Gokbel or Islamlar may require a short car journey as the walk back up hill is draining in the summer heat.

Is there enough to do for the children and teenagers in our party?
Yes, more than they will ever be able to do in a month of holidays. From walking and nature watching to whitewater rafting, parasailing and ringoes and everything in between is available in and around the town or on day trips. There are plenty of bars with varying music tastes, but no large nightclubs and foam parties.

Do the restaurants cater for specific diets?
All head waiters speak English, Dutch and German to different levels so it is easy to ask for a specific diet friendly meal. The variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes for example is amazing, yet these sit happily alongside the bewildering choices of meat and fish.